The Shannon facility in the Republic of Ireland was acquired from UCB. It has been in operation for over 40 years.
Avara Shannon has manufactured API under contract for five of the world’s top ten pharmaceutical companies. It has a strong track record in process validation and tech transfer, a history of successful GMP inspections by the FDA and HPRA, and an equally robust EH&S record.
API Manufacturing – cGMP Kilo Plant
- 60 L to 75 L reactor capacity
- Centrifuge & filter isolation
- Process scale-up & optimization
- Multi-purpose flexibility
- Hazardous material capability
API Manufacturing – Two Large-Scale cGMP Plants
- 1m3to 8m3 reactor capacity, total capacity >100m3
- Alkylation, nitration, Grignard, hydride reduction & hydrogenation
- Hazardous & complex chemistry
- Multi-purpose / multi-product design
cGMP Drug Product Plant
- Milling & blending
- Analytical Services
Process Development & Support
Careers at Shannon
Team members across our locations are at the heart of Avara’s commitment to delivering an exceptional customer experience and we place an emphasis on people as the foundation of our business. Explore the excellent career opportunities for qualified, motivated people across all of our locations.