LEADERSHIP & Advisors
Avara is led by a team of experienced, entrepreneurial industry leaders with proven backgrounds in pharmaceutical manufacturing, healthcare, and technical services.
Avara Pharmaceutical Services is an affiliate of the American Industrial Acquisition Corporation (www.aiac.com).
Paul Fioravanti, MBA, MPA, CAGS
Chief Executive Officer
Paul Fioravanti is the CEO of Avara Pharmaceutical Services. Paul is a proven leader with extensive experience in C-level roles, including leading a startup company to the Inc. 500 for four consecutive years. Among his various business transformations, he led the turnaround and sale of the one of the largest NYC metro based wireless infrastructure companies, successfully sold to a $4 billion private equity group, and was instrumental in the turnaround and sale of a $250 million recreational marine vessel manufacturer, the restoration to profitability of a $300 million industrial manufacturer, and managed advisory for the divestiture of a large healthcare specialty practice chain to a publicly held company.
Earlier in his career, Paul worked directly for the Chairman and CEO of a publicly-held regional energy holding company, as well as in privately-held manufacturing and service companies across a variety of industries . He has also spearheaded and advised early stage startups, strategic and financial exits of businesses, successful post-merger integrations and has led LEAN- and 6S- based process redesign in manufacturing.
Paul holds three degrees from The University of Rhode Island (BS, MPA, MBA), an advanced degree from Bryant University (CAGS) and is a graduate of Leadership Rhode Island. He has served as an advisor and board member to a variety of companies, private equity groups, angel funds, and community and civic organizations during his career and has taught MBA- level courses at four different universities.
Executive Vice President Operations and Special Projects
Executive Vice President, Global Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
Warren has 35 years of industry experience with a broad pharmaceutical background and extensive experience in manufacturing management, quality assurance, quality control and operational excellence. He joined Abbott Laboratories and the pharmaceutical industry in 1986 and has had successive levels of leadership and responsibility in manufacturing and quality assurance. Warren has experience in new plant start-ups, remediation of consent decrees and warning letters, quality system integration and data integrity remediation. He has worked for Abbott Labs, Alpharma, DSM and Patheon in manufacturing and quality leadership roles up to VP, Global Quality at Patheon.
Warren is a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University.
Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer
Executive Vice President, Chief Commercial Officer
Bill Pasek has over 25 years of experience in sales leadership roles. He served as Director of Sales, Regional Vice President and most recently as National Business Director for Quintiles, and has managed and led sales teams ranging from 90 to 450 salespeople. He is a consummate leader in the pharmaceutical industry.
Mr. Pasek started his pharmaceutical career with GSK, where he helped build and lead the dermatology division and established GSK as the most admired company in that therapeutic category. During his time at GSK, he launched 11 brands in the dermatology market. In 2002, he joined Sepracor, which later became Sunovion.
He was a founding member of the Sepracor commercial team and was instrumental in deciding the overall size and structure of the Sepracor sales team. During this time, he helped the organization grow from $200M in sales to $1.4B. He played a significant role in the launch strategy and execution of Lunesta – one of the top 10 pharmaceutical launches at the time.
Mr. Pasek has a degree in Business Economics from the University of Southern Connecticut.
Executive Vice President, Chief Information Officer
Charlie Lickfold is an IT leader with extensive experience in IT transformations, corporate M&A, and business change programs. He was previously CIO for Gilbarco Veeder-Root (GVR), where he led the IT transformation and support of new technology product innovation.
Prior to his time at GVR, Mr. Lickfold spent 17 years in the pharmaceutical industry. He held numerous IT leadership positions including Vice President, Head of Global IT at Patheon Pharmaceuticals where he successfully established and supported global quality, manufacturing, lab and business systems. Prior to that, he was Senior Director of IT at Valeant Pharmaceuticals responsible for the company’s SAP center of excellence as well as the transition to a new set of global IT services for network, datacenter, end user computing.
Mr. Lickfold began his career as a management consultant in the life sciences practice for Ernst & Young LLP. He has a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from the University of Kentucky.
Vice President, Human Resources
Peter Bigelow is a senior advisor to Avara Pharmaceutical Services worldwide. Peter has held executive leadership roles and provided management consultation within the biopharmaceutical, healthcare and consumer goods industries for over 28 years. His expertise includes global pharmaceutical manufacturing and supply chain operations, outsourcing strategies, quality systems, compliance excellence, building high performance teams, organizational restructuring, and driving operational efficiencies with lean processes.
Peter has been involved in major operational restructuring, has driven significant network wide improvements in Quality, Cost and Customer Service and has turned around underperforming factories. He has broad capabilities in driving change and managing Manufacturing and Supply Chain Operations.
- Improved KPI results including a 10% improvement in Customer Service and Quality (RFT) in just nine months for a leading pharmaceutical company
- Consolidated supplier base by 40% by establishing innovative management structure a large pharmaceutical company
- Improved serious quality and supply issues by restructuring site and driving Operational Excellence Program while overseeing successful reinspections a leading pharmaceutical company
- Led 2nd largest global P\pharmaceutical CMO/CRO and oversaw $700 million publicly traded company through leadership transition
- Oversaw global manufacturing and supply chain operations for $3.0 billion worldwide consumer healthcare business for major products in US, Canada, Puerto Rico, Europe and China.
Ronald Small MBA, BS Pharm, ScD (Hon), FAPhA, FASHP, CEC
Ronald Small’s experience is unique as he has held executive positions in healthcare organizations and has served as an Executive Strategic Advisor to c-suite leaders in Hospitals and Health Systems, Group Buying Organizations (GPOs), The Joint Commission, Pharmacy Professional Organizations and the Pharmaceutical Industry.
Career Highlights include:
- Board of Trustees for American Pharmaceutical Association
- Vice-President, Quality, Safety and Service Excellence and Chief Pharmacy Officer at Wake Forest University Baptist Health for approximately 37 years.
- Interim CIO for the Medical Center’s Informatics Center and for two years as Chief Procurement Officer.
- Consultant for 5 years with the Joint Commission Resources and Joint Commission International.
- Contributed to the professional body of knowledge on such topics as quality leadership and quality improvement, Lean Six Sigma, antimicrobial utilization stewardship, drug cost reduction strategies, the safe adoption of technologies in the medication use process and quality of care improvement strategies.
- Invited speaker in the US and internationally addressing patient safety, leadership for quality improvement, and issues related to improving IV medication practices.